This course focuses on sourcing and procurement and how this intrinsically important area of business administration is implemented within the framework of the world leading standard software in the area of Enterprise Resource Planning SAP S/4HANA. The SAP S/4HANA application used for this purpose is called SAP MM (Materials Management).
Based on an integrated business scenario which you will accomplish directly in the SAP S/4HANA system, the central topics of Sourcing and Procurement are systematically presented. While working on the system, you gradually get acquainted with all levels of the SAP S/4HANA system. This includes the customizing of your own organizational model, creation of your own master data records, and the customizing and implementation of your own integrated business processes in the area of Sourcing and Procurement. The practical case studies cover the following areas in particular:
- Organizational model in SAP S/4HANA with special focus on SAP MM
- Master data in SAP S/4HANA with special focus on SAP MM
- Business processes with a focus on Sourcing and Procurement
In addition to the detailed description of the SAP MM application, its main components and its business background, important integration points to other SAP S/4HANA applications are presented, too, in particular for financial accounting as well as controlling.
The course is rounded off by background information on project management as part of the introduction of standard software, the organizational units and structures, and the process components of the SAP system for mapping companies and business processes that is integrated in the case studies.
After completing the course, you will have in-depth theoretical knowledge of the SAP S/4HANA system in general and of the Materials Management component SAP MM in particular. You will be able to apply both the SAP S/4HANA system and the MM component in a new environment. You will gain knowledge through a comprehensive description of the organizational structures, their links in the SAP S/4HANA system and through the focus on mapping integrated business processes in procurement processing.
In particular, you will acquire knowledge and skills in the following MM-related areas:
- Organizational Units in Materials Management
- Master Data in Materials Management
- Determination of Source of Supply
- Customizing of Purchasing Processes
- Monitoring and Analytics in Procurement
Conventional courses equip you with concepts, principles, and theories by mostly using the style of a lecture. These courses aim at knowledge transfer and of theoretical links. In Comparison to that, case studies will improve your capabilities of analyzing business problems, developing solutions and decision-making.
This course consists of 5 lecture notes (teaching units).
- Introduction to SAP S/4HANA
- Customizing Projects and Organizational Levels in SAP MM
- Basics of the SAP Implementation Guide
- Customizing Projects in SAP S/4HANA
- Customizing of Organizational Units of SAP MM
- Master Data in SAP MM
- Customizing of Master Data of SAP MM
- Business Master Data in SAP MM
- Material Master Data in SAP MM
- Pricing and Cource of Supply in SAP MM
- Business Processes in SAP MM
- Purchase Order Processing
- Goods Receipt Processing
- Invoice Verification
- Stock Materials and Consumable Materials
- Self-Service Requisitions
- Advanced Transactions in Procurement
- Automated Procurement Processes
- Reporting and Analytics in SAP MM
- Process Customizing in SAP MM
- Valuation and Account Assignment
- Customizing of Document Types in SAP MM
- Partner Functions in SAP MM
- Material Determination
- Text and Output Control
- Optimizing Purchasing
- Documents Release Procedures
- Special Business Transactions and Business Processes in SAP MM
SAP Certification Exam
After the successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of the Brandenburg University of Applied Sciences. The official SAP consultant certification in SAP S/4HANA MM with the title C_TS452 requires the contents of the two following courses that are directly based on each other. Both courses can be booked at erp4students to special student rates:
- SAP MM – Sourcing and Procurement with SAP S/4HANA
- SAP MM – Inventory Management and Invoice Verification with SAP S/4HANA (approximately available from winter semester 2024/25 on)
Important Information in Brief
- Total Workload: The course requires a workload of 180 hours / 6 ECTS
- Language: English
- System Requirements: Computer (PC, Mac) with internet access
- Other Requirements: For participants without knowledge of SAP S/4HANA we urgently suggest the previous or parallel participation in the course Enterprise Resource Planning with SAP S/4HANA (TS410).
- Course Certificate: Certificate by Brandenburg University of Applied Sciences when all case studies are completed successfully during the course.
- Course Fee: 525 USD